Monday, July 26, 2010

Halfsies

Tomorrow marks one month in Madrid for me! Wooo only one month until I can speak Italiano all the time (in Italia of course).

Due to some previous requests (coughALLIEcough) here are some pictures of exactly where I am and things I've been discussing in my previous bloggyposts:



Here is the "calle" where we go out and play with all the other neighborhood kiddies.


Here is my house. That front stoop is generally where I sit while Iván and friends are playing some type of sword-fighting game or shooting each other with lots of plastic guns. Stick 'em up.

This is the gate that surrounds the "neighborhood".

This is the view directly on the opposite side of the gate. Looks like the middle of nowhere...Now do you believe me?!?!


That's Madrid way yonder over the river and through the woods. Well there's no river. and you know what I think about the "woods". Lion King-esque.

This is the path that I run down. It is right next to the Polideportivo (community rec center) that I go to and about 3 minutes away from the house. ps: i don't know why this is underlined. i can't find the button to un-underline it.

Here's the Polideportivo (the gym)- oh look, now the underlining is blue. joy


The pool. Spain has this ridiculous rule that there has to be a horrendously ugly fence around the perimeter of every single pool in the country. Very aesthetically pleasing.

Other side of the pool. There's my friend Andrea the lifeguard!

Now inside the house: the kitchen. brings back burnage memories.

Other side of the kitchen and the laundry room.

Living room.

Back yard/garden/deck thing.

My room.

Well there ya have it folks. My Spanish life in pictures. Leave me some comments, questions, or just an emoticon ----@ (rose?) to let me know more than just mi madre reads this thang.

LURVE.

-G

ps. pretty sure I conquered the baby tonight. victory is mine muahahahaha









4 comments:

  1. wait...so if you're in Africa, why do they speak Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabs it looks like your bed is kinda caving in on one side, no? I am surprised it really does look like the scenary from the Lion King!! Except for without those pretty trees you like to take pictures of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romain <3 Nintendo DSI + Gabster's blog

    (pretty cool comment, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry, I read all the posts my darling! It totally does look like africa, haha.

    I live for china in three weeks! scary/exciting!!!! Tu me manques sooooo much I think my heart is going to break!

    Enjoy the last month(ish) in Spain, then party times in Italy (if only you followed me in my second language choice and were coming to china...)

    LOVEEEEEEEEEEE you!

    ReplyDelete